Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Another Exercise in Creativity: Little Bird, Little Phoenix

Devastating
Wicked
Prophetic
Important
Introspective

Serotonin – constituent of many venoms
Oxytocin – feeling like heroin
Vasopressin – pairs with oxytocin

Big









Little Bird, Little Phoenix

I am perched like a bee humming -
bird on your hips, you wicked smile.
I need to be light.
Feathered importance weighs on this
love. We were prophets in earlier years
on serotonin heroin highs, oxytocin wild rides.
We saw this coming.
And now I am devastated

by the introspective enormity
of my chemical heart in this small cage -
no breath in this gray breast for exploding stars.
Seemingly still on your crest, curve of the moon
to be light
I fear my intention has no other word
to describe this love, this love, this love, no other -
word other than
big.