Wednesday, July 18, 2007

25 Plus 2 - An Amendment to Pessimism

So last night I went out with my "Bastrop Girls" - we have been friends since middle school and have kept in touch - and on the long drive home in the middle of the night, I decided I needed to amend my post from yesterday.

Aside from delivering a beautiful baby, which I consider a family triumph, really, and not a personal one, I have been rockin' on keeping in touch with friends. If I hadn't been able to say home with the kids (thank you, Michael), I may not have been so successful at it, but nonetheless...

We had a fabulous time in Bastrop: ate at Big Mouth's on Main Street and the walked down to the Oyster Bar, to which I had never been. Everything was prettty dead - it was a Tuesday - but even if it hadn't been, we would have still been the loudest bunch of gabbers. We gossiped about old classmates, teased each other about old crushes...I got a lesson in pasture parties. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard for so long.

So in year 25, congrats, Jen, for keeping connected with good friends who represent times when nobility, honor, grace and maybe a little bit of wisdom were born and were in focus...

And man, we had the best joint 13th birthday party ever. Who was making out in the horse trailer again?

Much love to my Bastrop girlies!